The NEW Maika'i Hybrid Paddle from Puakea Designs.
- Type: Double Bend Hybrid Paddle
- Length: 47" to 52" (Custom sizes also available)
- Width: 9.437" blade
- Weight: approx. 18 oz.
- Surface Area: 115 sq. inches
- Color: Grey Malolo fish design with red accent
- Blade Material: Carbon fiber with a Glossy finish
- Shaft Materials: Layered Poppler, Bass and Cedar* wood
- Handle Material: Poppler wood
- *Cedar only available when purchasing through Puakea Designs
Maika’i means "smooth feel" in Hawaiian. With the Puakea Malolo design under a glossy finish, this paddle is big. Ideal for team boats, the Maika’i really shines when the canoe is surging on a wave, or at full race pace. As the canoe goes faster, it becomes increasingly difficult to grab water and accelerate, making this paddle extremely useful at high speed. Like its little sibling, Polu, Maika’i has a rounded leading edge creates less impact on the paddler. But with significantly more surface area, has incredible hold and feel. A slight scoop keeps water from cavitating around the blade without sacrificing an efficient exit. At the catch position, the double-bend oval shaft promotes a comfortable, loose grip and relaxed wrist.
HCRA approved conforming paddles.
Standard sizes: 47-52, Custom sizes: any size lower than 47, any size higher than 52, and half sizes. Select the correct size in drop down.